The modern workplace is a diverse environment and the drive to improve workplace equality and diversity has many wider benefits for both employers and employees beyond just complying with the law.
Promoting equal opportunities makes people feel valued – it could help attract and retain better talent in a competitive market, increasing productivity and your reputation.
Expert advice to help you promote equal opportunities in the workplace and avoid discrimination claims. We’re Primed, so you’re ready.
Discrimination is when someone is treated unfairly, it can be direct or indirect whilst other types of unfair treatment include bullying, harassment and victimisation.
The Equality Act legally protects individuals from discrimination based on a protected characteristic. These are:
- Sex, sexual orientation or gender reassignment
- Race, religion or belief
- Marriage or civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
It’s your responsibility as an employer to ensure employees and potential employees are not subject to discrimination, that everyone is treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
Your employees also have a duty not to discriminate against colleagues because of a protected characteristic.
Employers should be aware that compensation for successful discrimination claims is uncapped – there is no statutory maximum award for any loss arising from discriminatory behaviours, and “injury to feelings” can also be claimed in discrimination cases.
Additional Bolt On Support
- Developing an equality, diversity and inclusivity strategy
- Equality and diversity training
- On-site or virtual support
- We can conduct your investigation meetings and any other relevant meetings (such as grievance and disciplinary hearings) for you, or alongside you.
- Bespoke drafting of investigation reports, disciplinary and grievance documentation by our expert team
Areas we can help
Our Prices & Packages
Employment & HR
Unlimited HR & Employment law support to help manage your people
- Unlimited advice from friendly HR experts via phone and email
- Employment contract review
- Employee Handbook, Policy & Document review
- Outcome driven advice to achieve results quickly
- Tribunal Defence Support
Health & Safety
Unlimited Health & Safety advice to help manage your safety requirements
- Unlimited advice from friendly Health & Safety consultants via phone and email
- Act as your Competent Person
- Risk Assessment support
- Health & Safety Policy (review or issue one)
- Safety Management System (review or issue one)
- Support on RIDDOR Investigations
- Support with HSE or Local Authority Investigations
24/7/365 access to extensive online HR & Safety templates & resources
- 24/7/365 access to 600+ online templates
- Template contract of employment
- Template letters & documents
- Essential HR policies & procedures
- Comprehensive health & safety templates including risk assessments, policies & procedures
- Easy to understand step-by-step guidance
Employment & HR & Health & Safety
Unlimited support managing your people and health & safety requirements
- All three packages combined into one.
- Includes unlimited advice from our friendly HR and Health & Safety advisors via phone or email.
Trusted by hundreds of businesses across the country
“Primed are professional and personable at all times and a pleasure to work with. They provide a comprehensive commercial, legal, employment law and human resource advice service. We highly recommend as a support to any business.”
“Professional, friendly and comprehensive support and advice on all HR matters. We are delighted with the support we have received.”
We have received some excellent service and advice across the business on a variety of Employment law & HR Topics when we need it. Their practical advice helps me make decisions that cut through and make a difference.