From time to time, accidents occur at work, even in the most safety conscious businesses. First aid can save lives or prevent injuries from worsening, so if someone is injured or suddenly falls ill at work, they should receive immediate treatment, regardless of whether their injury or illness was caused by work
No matter the size of your business, it’s your responsibility as an employer to make sure you have the appropriate first aid arrangements in place, including first aid equipment (a first aid kit), facilities to treat injuries and a designated person to carry out first aid.
Expert advice to reduce workplace risk, keeping you compliant to make sure you, your team and your customers make it home safely at the end of the day. We’re Primed, so you’re ready.
First aid requirements at work
To establish what first aid requirements are needed, a first aid risk assessment should be carried out. This will help you identify how many first aiders you need. First aiders need to be able to carry out the appropriate level of first aid, which may mean they need to attend a first aid training course.
Your health & safety policy should also include the details of first aid arrangements.
Certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and specified dangerous occurrences such as near misses need to be reported under RIDDOR (The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations).
RIDDOR is in place to help keep you and your employees safe at work and it also allows the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local authorities to investigate serious accidents, identify how risks arise and help them to monitor accident trends, allowing them to invest in strategies to prevent accidents and additional training for the future.
Areas we can help
Our Prices & Packages
Employment & HR
Unlimited HR & Employment law support to help manage your people
- Unlimited advice from friendly HR experts via phone and email
- Employment contract review
- Employee Handbook, Policy & Document review
- Outcome driven advice to achieve results quickly
- Tribunal Defence Support
Health & Safety
Unlimited Health & Safety advice to help manage your safety requirements
- Unlimited advice from friendly Health & Safety consultants via phone and email
- Act as your Competent Person
- Risk Assessment support
- Health & Safety Policy (review or issue one)
- Safety Management System (review or issue one)
- Support on RIDDOR Investigations
- Support with HSE or Local Authority Investigations
24/7/365 access to extensive online HR & Safety templates & resources
- 24/7/365 access to 600+ online templates
- Template contract of employment
- Template letters & documents
- Essential HR policies & procedures
- Comprehensive health & safety templates including risk assessments, policies & procedures
- Easy to understand step-by-step guidance
Employment & HR & Health & Safety
Unlimited support managing your people and health & safety requirements
- All three packages combined into one.
- Includes unlimited advice from our friendly HR and Health & Safety advisors via phone or email.
Trusted by hundreds of businesses across the country
“Primed are professional and personable at all times and a pleasure to work with. They provide a comprehensive commercial, legal, employment law and human resource advice service. We highly recommend as a support to any business.”
“Professional, friendly and comprehensive support and advice on all HR matters. We are delighted with the support we have received.”
We have received some excellent service and advice across the business on a variety of Employment law & HR Topics when we need it. Their practical advice helps me make decisions that cut through and make a difference.