A grievance is a concern, problem or complaint raised by an employee to management. Most employers will have to deal with a grievance at some point.
Whilst they can be a time-consuming process and tricky to manage, taking a grievance seriously and handling it correctly will help foster good employee relations, as well as reducing the risk of having to defend an employment tribunal claim.
Expert advice and support to help businesses manage grievances, helping to restore workplace harmony. We’re Primed, so you’re ready to respond to grievances with confidence.
Many grievances can be addressed informally without having to invite your employee to a formal grievance hearing.
However, if the employee is dissatisfied with the outcome of their grievance being addressed informally, or the grievance is more serious, such as a complaint of bullying or harassment, then it is best to deal with it under your formal grievance procedure.
As a minimum, employers should follow the principles set out in the Acas Code of Practice for Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures. Putting in place a grievance policy which follows the principles of the Code will put you in a good position to handle complaints from employees.
A policy will ensure that employees know how to raise a grievance and what to expect once they do, as well as ensuring that the employer knows how to deal with a grievance once it is raised.
Additional Bolt On Support
- Support conducting interviews, investigations and appeals.
- Mediation, for when you need help restoring a broken relationship.
- Bespoke drafting of investigation reports, grievance and grievance appeal outcomes by our expert team
- Conducting early conciliation or other pre-claim negotiations, giving you piece of mind on those particularly sticky issues.
- Line Manager training on how to deal with any such issues
Areas we can help
Our Prices & Packages
Employment & HR
Unlimited HR & Employment law support to help manage your people
- Unlimited advice from friendly HR experts via phone and email
- Employment contract review
- Employee Handbook, Policy & Document review
- Outcome driven advice to achieve results quickly
- Tribunal Defence Support
Health & Safety
Unlimited Health & Safety advice to help manage your safety requirements
- Unlimited advice from friendly Health & Safety consultants via phone and email
- Act as your Competent Person
- Risk Assessment support
- Health & Safety Policy (review or issue one)
- Safety Management System (review or issue one)
- Support on RIDDOR Investigations
- Support with HSE or Local Authority Investigations
24/7/365 access to extensive online HR & Safety templates & resources
- 24/7/365 access to 600+ online templates
- Template contract of employment
- Template letters & documents
- Essential HR policies & procedures
- Comprehensive health & safety templates including risk assessments, policies & procedures
- Easy to understand step-by-step guidance
Employment & HR & Health & Safety
Unlimited support managing your people and health & safety requirements
- All three packages combined into one.
- Includes unlimited advice from our friendly HR and Health & Safety advisors via phone or email.
Trusted by hundreds of businesses across the country
“Primed are professional and personable at all times and a pleasure to work with. They provide a comprehensive commercial, legal, employment law and human resource advice service. We highly recommend as a support to any business.”
“Professional, friendly and comprehensive support and advice on all HR matters. We are delighted with the support we have received.”
Thank you for your help and guidance throughout 2022. It’s been a tough year where we’ve had to learn fast – your guidance has been most welcomed.